Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Singapore Zoo

Entrance of Singapore Zoo 

           Just a few days ago, my aunty and uncle brought my cousins and I to the Singapore Zoo.The Singapore Zoo is the worlds best rainforest zoo and has more than 2800 animals!
        

               A new safari is coming out soon too - River Safari opening in 2013 ! However , part of the animals from the River Safari is already opened to public ! Namely, the GIANT PANDAS ! Yep:) So first , we headed to the  preview of the pandas, Kai Kai and Jia Jia !

               Kai Kai and Jia Jia are really popular. you would have to book a time slot to visit them and pay a bit more money.Each time slot is 20 minutes. I am sure to visit the zoo earlier in the future ! The ticketing counter queue was so long !

             Anyway, when we first entered the enclosure,  we saw a beautiful bird and two super cute red pandas. When we walked a little furthur, we saw Kai Kai , the male giant panda sleeping.They say Kai Kai's head has a turf of hair which makes him look like an 'onion-head' but I could not really tell.

           After we walked through some panda information exhibition, we saw Jia Jia - the female giant panda ! Jia Jia was not sleeping. in fact, she was doing some sort of routine. She would walk through the bamboos, step on tiny logs,climb up the stairs,then rest .She did the routine over and over again! I wonder if Jia Jia misses China .

         Lastly, we visited the gift shop.My aunty bought my us some cute panda keychains! We were done with the pandas for now. Next, we decided to take a tram ride around the zoo.

         Just as we got on the tram, it started to rain! The rain was irritating.It kept getting heavier , then softer,then heavier and softer. My aunty did not want us to walk in the rain so on the tram, we circled 3 rounds around the zoo , looking at zebras,giraffes, orang utans ,elephants and much much more before stopping at Fragile Forest. However, when we just started walking in the enclosure,  my slipper broke and there was no way I could walk. So we asked a zoo keeper if there was any shop nearby that sold slippers .  Yes! Rainforest Kidzworld gift shop which was only 20 meters away. So my uncle carried my younger cousin on his back while I wore her slippers to the Rainforest Kidzworld. There, I got a pair of slippers.I felt a little 'pai sey' because my aunty had to spend money to buy me slippers :P

       Then, the rain got even more heavy! We seek shelter an the KFC there and had lunch at the same time. After lunch, we walked to Ah Meng restruant where my elder cousin got free ice cream(Because it was her birthday) Next , we went to catch the 'Elephants Of Asia' show. My cousins and me managed to squeeze at a spot in front. The elephants were really clever and strong.I also learnt how to differenciate an African elephant to an Asian elephant. Asian elephants have two domes on their head and have smaller ears while African elephants have larger ears.We also fed the elephants carrots ,apples and bananas at their end of the show.the elephants use their long trunk to take the food and put it into their mouth like a human's hand.

     We got on a boat after the show.The boat took us from pier 2 to pier 1 .We also saw a water monitor lizard swimming in the reservoir waters !

     Lastly , we headed for the Australian Outback, an enclosure which includes Wallabies,Kangaroos and cassowaries plus other Australian animals ! I loved the wallabies.

        Finally, we made our way back to the exit. I had a really good time at the zoo !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment