Saturday, June 22, 2013

S.E.A. Aquarium Singapore

I visited this aquarium 2 months ago but I still want to record down what I did and how I felt it was like.

The world's largest aquarium was jam-packed on April 20th, my birthday.I was together with my cousin mei , my two friends ( nat and andrea) plus my parents.When you first step into the aquarium, there is a big boat with a lion's head .There is smoke coming out of the lion's head and it has red eyes. It was quite creepy but we sat down on the seats to watch a show about a traveller in china called Zheng He. There is a show every few minutes.One is in Chinese with English subtitles while the other is in English with Chinese subtitles. The show is only 5 minutes . Those who are interested in Chinese history would enjoy it.

Next, we entered the aquarium.We passed the ticketing booth and saw some exhibitions about different cultures in Asia. It is quite a bore if you are not interested. We glanced through it then when down the escalator to the aquarium.

Yes, there are things to see before entering the main attraction:)

In the aquarium, there were many people squishing about because it was so crowded. There would be many people squeezing to look at the fish tanks. Even though it was crowded , we managed to see some fishes. We had to look out for each other in case we got lost. Whenever we got to one tank, we would look at the creatures and go "Ooooh" "Wahhh!!" "Look at this!" The creatures are very interesting. If I remember correctly, there was needle nose fishes, sea horses, eels , etc.
The touch pool 

Then, we went to the touch pool. over there, we touched a sea star! It was strange and bumpety so I wiped my hands after that . Beside the touch pool there was a super cool cylinder shaped tank and thousands of pretty fish were swimming around the coral reefs! We even saw two fishes playing 'catch'.

Because this aquarium is so big , I would list the highlights. 
The dolphins were so pretty! Everyone crowded around it so you would have to tippy toe to catch a glance of the dolphins. I feel that they should make the glass bigger so more people can see them.

There was also the gigantic fish tank, and there were humongous sting rays swimming. We sat there for about 15 minutes just staring in awe at the fishes. 
The gigantic tank 

The fish tunnel was cool  too and we saw some sharks!

When we finished seeing the  fishes, we went for this Typhoon thing. Before we entered the theater, this man would ask you to look in this tiny hut, and then suddenly, abuptly, a cobra would pop out and make a hissing sound. It's quite scary but it's funny to see other people's reaction.

In all, I feel that the SEA aquarium was enjoyable and educational.I would rate it 3  and a half stars.
:) 


Sources for pictures: Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment