Sunday, June 23, 2013

Some Mammals Found in Singapore

Singapore is a tropical country . Some mammals which lives there are...

Common

1. Long-tail Macaque 
 These monkeys are playful and lives in forest.Most of the times, they sneak into my house for food.
Long-tail Macaque

2.Plantain Squirrel 
These squirrels are very cute and they seem to be so happy and free when I see them:)

3.Lesser Mouse Deer 
I have seen 2 of these creatures before but they were so speedy I didn't have time to take a picture.

4. Wild boars
They live in forests and dig the ground for food. Their pretty common to me.Some people are culling them but actually, I've seen them many times and they don't really affect me.

5. Fruit bats
There are many types of bats in Singapore.Sometimes, they fly into my house and my sister and mother would scream .I think i like them even though they poop on my floor, because I read that without bats, there would be no durians. Plus they can eat lots of insects and creepy crawlies.

Uncommon

1. Pangolins
I've never seen one before. They are endangered already. My mother once saw a dead pangolin on the pavement near the forest. So sad.

2.Samba deer
I guess this should be uncommon. My father once saw a real wild one in the forest. He said it was big and tall. I would love to see it! 

3. Colugo
This is a nocturnal creature that is rarely seen. They can glide in the air .When I saw pictures of them, I found them very pretty.My friend says she saw it once . cool.
Malayan Colugo 

4.Salt water crocodile
(Okay... this isn't a mammal I know). This crocodile is critically endangered in Singapore. I think they sometimes swim from Malaysia to Singapore. Sights of these crocodile has been seen in Sungei Buloh . Pretty scary and cool at the same time.
Salt water crocodile

5.Palm Civet
This animal is a native wild animal of Singapore.

  That's all for now :)

sources : GOOGLE IMAGES

No comments:

Post a Comment